Sunday, July 3, 2011

27th



Birthday. In pursuit of the perfect fit, Persian Grill and the sheep cake.

June 23 – day I was born. Since its 2011, that makes me 27 years old. I originally planned on having  a bash with PQI friends but due to the budget constraint and the week endis scheduled  for Aries’s (one of the PQI peeps) christening of his first born. I decided against it. I’ll just buy Levi’s for myself as a gift which I have long held off in buying since it was marshmallow test. Well sorta, satisfaction is doubled when you delay the gratification. And so we went to Levi’s greenbelt 5, on the way there we came across these interesting statement campaigns from Adora.


No pair of levi’s in GB5 passed the scutiny and touch. Same goes for the Levi’s in landmark and SM Makati,  resigned and feeling bad, Kumag and I decided to eat in Persian Grill (3rd mid eastern place we’ve tried this month)
He ordered beef kebab for 195php (ground beef with spices) with extra  butter (12php).

and i ordered Grilled lambchop for 210php with extra butter (12php).



Persian Grill is tucked between Cathy Valencia clinic and Mini stop in Prince Plaza adjacent to Greenbelt 5.  The place is cozy even if its quite small. It smells nice and the lighting is good. Not to harsh, not too dark ,excellent for taking your Facebook profile photo. The restroom is also nice. It smells better than most restrooms.


The price of their sponge cakes are more expensive than the cheesecakes of Bannaple or Conti’s, so we passed. The serving time of our order  is around 15 minutes while waiting we can smell the food being prepared.  So it certainly whetted our appetite.
I was quite satisfied with what I had. I’ll give an 8. He on the other hand finds the meat quite tough (this is a week after brace adjustment) and a bit bland. I wasn’t able to ask him his rating but we both agreed that the mid-eastern  place in E.Rodriquez Q.C (a few steps from ST.Luke’s or for you gayboys, its adjacent to Fahrenheit) serves better chelo kebab.
 Actually this persian place in E.rod is our standard for chelo kebab, the first that we’ve tried. A week after that we went to Mister Kabab (kebab?) in West Ave. We ordered the same chelo type of beef kebab, its quite bland and the sauce isnt really helping.  


Now back to Persian Grill we won’t really be back. We just tried it and that’s it.
We weren’t done yet for the day. I told Kumag that I’m sad since I don’t have the cake that I’ve had for my birthday last year.

Kumag told me that we can go to that cake shop if I will not go to work later that night. Ok I said, I’ll just think of an excuse to text my TL. The first one that I came up with is i-am-at-Terminal 3- since- 2pm-and its –already-6pm-flight hasn’t arrived yet-and i-still-need-to-take sis-in laguna .  It seemed like a good idea, considering the weather. J
So we took the bus (inspite of the rain that comes with typhoon Falcon) and went to Hearts and Flour right across Robinson’s Ermita. Only to be told that they don’t have the mini-cake that’s the base of the cake that we wanted.
I honestly think that its because they are busy making that three tiered power puff cake that their sole cake decorator can’t be bothered making walk in order of two rain soaked little gay boys.
Lesson learned, cakes are made to order in advance! Unless the pastry shop is on a down time. That was certainly the case with last year’s cake.
Their bread and pastries still looks yummy. So we bought japanese pudding (35php),  bread covered in floss (45php) and  winter melon (aratilis berries) for our drinks . The pudding tastes like custard (yum yum!) and the bread covered floss tastes nice but the winter melon juice was quite a let down its diluted as compared to last year. Oh well some place tends to neglect little things. And its sad. We still love that pastry  shop though.
Its clean, the ambience is cool,  has wifi and most of its customers are korean girls who come here due to their cutesy pastries.
After that we went to Robinson’s for Levi’s tried several pairs for 45 minutes but nothing works. The staff was friendly and willing help, which made it hard for me to walk away with out buying anything.
Went home.
No it wasn’t as simple as that. We have to take a pedicab to take us to Leon Guinto to take a jeep that goes to Guadalupe. Manila is flooded. Knee deep in some places.

After  one hour and a half we finally made it home soaking wet.
What  a day. Happy Birthday!
(update: I was able to buy that pair of jeans in Edsa  Shang Ri-la Crossings, two days after and out of the 35 agents or so in our LOB only 15 people were able to make it to work)


No comments:

Post a Comment